[plug] explanation of free software, OOo in particular

Russell Steicke russellsteicke at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 20:43:52 WST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 8:10 PM, Alex Polglaze
<apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au> wrote:
> Divide and conquer
> We don't need 27 flavours of word processing with their various
> histories. We need one that works and works better than the others.

The problem here is: who gets to decide which one that will be?

Are you going to tell me which one to use so the others die, or do I
get to tell you?  (LaTeX, if you happen to ask.)

> That is the nature of competition.

I don't care about competition in this space.  I do care that the
format in which _my_ data is kept is widely understood and documented.

--
Virus found in this message.