[plug] lost emails

Russell Steicke russellsteicke at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 20:54:13 WST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 8:40 PM, David Dartnall <darts at dialix.com.au> wrote:
> Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction:
> Emails I've been sending over the last few years to
> a particular recipient are not now being received by
> him. Started about three months ago. And they're not
> being bounced - I have had no idea that they weren't
> getting there.
>
> I'm using Gutsy Gibbon with Thunderbird and have installed
> all updates as they come. I know this is vague but I
> don't know what information is needed to troubleshoot.

Firstly you need to know how thunderbird is configured to send the
emails.  Do you send via someone else's MTA? (This is likely.)  Look
at the "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" section in Account Settings.

> Where could they have gone? I've always assumed emails
> to have been received by the recipient if not bounced.

A likely culprit is a spam filter; either one used by the recipient,
or by his ISP or equivalent.  Easy to check if it's his; harder if
it's the ISP.

--
Virus found in this message.