[plug] ./configure

Richard Yellin rhyellin at westnet.com.au
Fri Dec 28 21:45:05 WST 2007

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:18:30 +0800, Mike Holland
<michael.holland at gmail.com> wrote:
> Richard Yellin wrote:>
>> Thanks for all your prompt resposes and I reckon one or more will work.

Thanks for all the wonderful answers. Plug works as a community, even at
holidays.

./configure doesn't work on thuderbird as Lance pointed out and I also
came across the sites mozilla.org.  To configure thunderbird you use the
.mozconfig file.
Then you build make file.
After reading the details,  I think it's a bit complicated and I don't
really understand the build literature.
Meanwhile, I'll search for a RH9 binary.

>> Richard, I have to ask: Where did you download from?
> I'm thinking you downloaded the binary.
> (and if not, why not?)

I downloaded from mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/ and the program was
source code ;
  thunderbird-2.0.0.9.tar.gz.
I would have preferred a binary but therewas none on the mozilla site. I
did a search and came across : t-bird-0.7.2..............ko.log.gz
but I didn't know what the endings mean and anyhow it's 0.7.

  PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
regards Richard