[plug] using yum

Deeþan Chakravarthy codeshepherd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 14:48:32 WST 2007

David Buddrige wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to use yum to install abiword on my Fedora Core system.
>
> The error I have been receiving suggets to me that the rpm
> repositories I have been trying to access are not available.  To
> resolve this problem, I tried adding
> http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/ to the list of repositories at the bottom
> of /etc/yum.conf.  However when I run yum it does not [apparently]
> even look there.  I have pasted the full output of my yum session
> below.  Can anyone help me out on what I need to do in order to get
> the system to use a functioning repository?
>
> thanks heaps guys
>
> David.
Hi David,
   The reason why it did not look mirror.aarnet.edu.au is because it
probably was down in the list.. to force yum to use a repository .. you
can use the option --disable-repo and disable the unwanted ones and
--enable-repo and add mirror.aarnet.edu.au in that.  I suggest you
update to Fedora 7. In F7 most of the packages are in core; hence you
wont have these problems. Good luck

--
Deepan
http://codeshepherd.com/