[plug] DNS not working on SLES10

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Feb 9 06:13:14 WST 2007

I'm having an issue where on a SLES10 box DNS is not working properly.  It does load up, when I try to ping any servers on the internal network I get "unknown host".  The zone files are setup with both the regular zone file with host to ip address and another file with reverse address to host file. The master zone file is looking at an upstream dns server, but there is not way to tell if this is working other then a ping test.
Any idea on what may be the problem?

Tests I've run:
 named-checkzone domain.wa.edu.au db.domain.wa.edu.au.int
results:
zone domain.wa.edu.au/IN: has no NS records