[plug] [Semi-OT] Laptops

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Sun Feb 11 15:07:29 WST 2007

Alex Polglaze wrote:

>> The first question for me will be:   Will linux install and run on it
>> making it possible to use the laptops hardware features - in my case,
>> can i run Mandriva or Kubuntu ? .......
>>
> FWIW, I have been running Mandrake on an NEC laptop for quite a few
> years, Never had a problem. it just keeps on working.
>
> I use it for demoing software and is particularly helpful when is no
> or dodgy Internet available. (Thanks to Leon Brooks)
>

> Alex

I have an IBM ThinkPad R32.  Everything (that means everything)
including the "ThinkPad" button works perfectly.  I believe other TPs
are just as good.

Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 4.1
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
"Jesus Christ is the centre of everything and the object of everything;
He who does not know him, knows nothing of the order of the world
and nothing of himself."             Blaise Pascal