[plug] [long email] Dwellingup fires - a personal perspective

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Mon Feb 12 20:07:03 WST 2007

Hi

Good to hear you made it through OK.  You are not the first I've heard
of recently that depended on electric pumps and had the power fail.

I lived on 5ha northeast of Perth for several years.  We had a 27kl
above-ground pool that we actually used occasionally.  Mainly we kept it
for firefighting.  I connected a petrol pump to it and enough hose to
reach more than half way around the house.  Primed and ready 24/7.  Best
use I know of for a pool!

Jim

Gavin Chester wrote:
>     BUSHFIRE NEWS BULLETIN
>
> Distributed to family, friends and selected recipients.
>

> G'day all,

<snip>