[plug] Vim

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 15 12:09:44 WST 2007

Denis Brown <dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au> writes:
>At 04:55 PM 14/02/2007, Jonathan Young wrote:

>>Obviously more than one way to do things (as usual).

>>Are they vim specific?  I have used VI more often than not (as
>>opposed to VI iMproved)...

>The esc ZZ is VIM specific I think.

>And I did an "Oops", sorry!

>I wrote :q to quit but Jonathon is more accurate...

>:q will fail if changes have been made and not saved.
>:q! as per Jonathon's mail will quit regardless, abandoning all changes

Use the builtin vimtutor to learn how to use it.

Issue the "vimtutor" command at a shell prompt and vimtutor will run
through the basics.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "If we let things terrify us,
 X   against HTML mail     |  life will not be worth living."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.