[plug] Two questions about Debian system and upgrading

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Feb 26 11:01:16 WST 2007

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:34:03 +0800
> From: Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au>
> To: plug at plug.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] Two questions about Debian system and upgrading
>
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2007, Patrick Coleman wrote:
>> On 2/24/07, Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> I wouldn't be game to try kernel building - it would be a bit like
>>> giving a primary school kid a screwdriver and a soldering iron, and
>>> saying "Now go and rewire that Stealth Bomber"
>>
>> Depends on whether you mind if it's broken afterwards :)
>
> Thats why VMWare is pretty awesome (and, I guess, LVM snapshots.)
>

>     screw up
> did you take a snapshot?
>  |            |
>  N            Y
>  |            |
> Hah! Backup?   Lucky you - revert, continue
>

> Adrian

Problem with VMWare, is trying to get hold of it.

Local vendor doesn't respond to emails, doesn't return phone calls. And,
that was in trying to buy a copy.

Name of vendor - Technical Architecture Solutions (or something
similar).

Wanted to get VMWare for Anne; had to abandon it due to lack of local
support.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale