[plug] Suse Desktop 10 Sound and Video problem

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Jan 5 22:14:07 WST 2007

Since Novell cannot include the codec for DVD playback and MP3 playing due to licensing.  Like to know if anyone knows where and how to install the codec for DVd playback.

Also I have SLED10 installed on an IBM Thinkpad A22m and I cannot get the display to be on the single screen.  It seems to be wrapping veritically.  I've tried all sorts of combinations and it still does not display on the single screen.  By this I mean the top of the screen is actually at the bottom of the screen.

The Thinkpad uses a 1024x768 x 16bit with a ATI Rage 3D driver.  Any suggestions as to what to do to fix this?

Thanks