Computer donation options [was: Re: [plug] Make The Move website launched!]

Alastair Irvine alastair at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jan 7 18:58:57 WST 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 10:06 pm, Marcos Raul Carot wrote:

>  I still have my 386 happily running debian 2.1 :-)
>
>  By the way, if a NGO needs computers, at Murdoch university
> there are some 15-20 monitors and about 8-10 computers running at
> 800MHz (about 256MB RAM, 10GB HD) to be discarded.
>
>  Please drop me a letter requesting the donation directed to IT
> Services, Murdoch University, and I can take it to the
> appropriate person (include some branding/signatures!). Think
> about the transport before requesting them! And they won't be
> there for long!!

Marcos (and others in/near Murdoch), you might want to contact Gerry
at the Guild about their Eightball Program.  This is a volunteer
effort that refurbishes computers and donates them to students in
need, and to the wider community.  See their listing in
http://www.wastewise.wa.gov.au/pages/hazardous2.asp?ID=100