[plug] chown and chmod questions.

Lee Jamieson leejam at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 10:41:11 WST 2007

Hiya all,

I've just managed to mount my xp partition and copy my essential files
over so I can work on removing the xp partition.  I did that using
midnight commander (that's a cool program!) and now all the files and
folders I copied are set as root access.

I'm just checking that this command will change  the folder and files
recursively,

Do I put lee:lee as the username and group?

That should change the ownership and the permissions need a different command

"chmod --recursive u+rw <directory>"

Any preference as to which is done first?

I'd rather ask first and make sure I'm doing it right before stuffing
something up.

Thanks in advance!

--
-