[plug] Find similarly named files in directories

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 11:34:57 WST 2007

On 1/13/07, Carl Gherardi <carl.gherardi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bugger, I didnt even look at why my command was working...
>
> # command
> ./2007 Mini strategic plan.txt
> ./Work/To_OS/2007 Mini strategic plan.txt
>
> Mini is token 2 both times.
>
> That'll learn me do think before my morning coffee

Oh, you mean you hadn't been up all night like a true geek, coding at
a time when we are most alert? :P

As I said, if you can make find do the escaping, that removes the need
for one or 2 sed's, depending on what you can make it do. I was just
having no luck, so resorted to what I know best, lots of small
utilities that do a specific job, and do it well. Unix just fits me so
well, that philosophy is what makes things so nice to work with under
Unix!!

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956