[plug] Imap problem

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 10:52:44 WST 2007

On 23/01/07, Mark J Gaynor <mark at mjg.id.au> wrote:
> I have a server configured as samba file server and email server to six
> windows workstations. The workstations use outlook clients via IMAP to get
> the mail. The problem is after an update, uw-IMAP (original install) will
> not allow anything to connect to it. Telnet localhost 143 gets this response
>
> mail:/$ telnet localhost 143
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED] localhost
> IMAP4rev1 2003.339 at Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:00:01 +0800 (WST)
> ^]
> telnet> quit
> Connection closed.
> mail:/$

Are the clients perpetually asking for the password? The LOGINDISABLED
part seems to be key (bit me, too) - try this:
http://lena.franken.de/linux/debian_and_vserver/uwimapd.html

HTH
Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.