[plug] WHY SKYPE ?

B15HOP bishop.frog at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 16:39:43 WST 2007

I think there are several problems with skype actually. I'm not sure
if this is skype doing this but the mic volume changes by itself.
Going from say 100% down to 10% and this was really pissing me off...
I had to set the volume by typing:

16:38:37 ~$ amixer set 'Mic',0 74%
Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch cswitch-joined
  Capture channels: Mono
  Limits: Capture 0 - 31
  Mono: Capture 23 [74%] [0.00dB] [on]
16:38:37 ~$

Anyone else have the same problem?

Phillip.

--
"The ecological crisis is a moral issue."
"The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those