[plug] create an avi of a desktop/window

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 06:33:56 WST 2007

On 7/18/07, Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:
> Timothy White wrote:
>
> > istanbul - Desktop session recorder producing Ogg Theora video
> > recordmydesktop - Captures audio-video data of a linux desktop session
> >
> > Plus others. Both of those record to Ogg Theora I think, there are
> > others that record to animated GIF. You can convert the Ogg Theora to
> > something else if it doesn't suit you.
>
> ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT SOMETHING THAT'S SUPPORTED BY PRECISELY THREE
> VIDEO PLAYERS IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE??!!?

*cough*??? Only 3? It's become quite popular in the Anime world I
understand, and internet rips of things. AFAIK lots of windows players
support it, and I've never had a problem under linux with that
format...
The only reason I made mention of converting it, is for internet
usage. You may want to for example "youtube" it.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au