[plug] No tax software for you, naughty Linux/Mac user

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jul 21 23:38:35 WST 2007

On 21 Jul 2007 at 22:58, Kai wrote:

> This article might be of interest to some, comments are a good read too...
>
> No tax software for you, naughty Linux/Mac user
> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/13613/1091/1/0/
> 2 pages

An interesting read, indeed.

If the ATO site is in fact a .Net site as indicated by the article - then
maybe the developers of eTax could/should consider developing the
application using Mono.

Then they could compile the software to create client software that can run
on Linux as well as Windows.

But then again, that would be too easy - as Mono is open software and that
seems to be beyond the paradigm that exists within our government and its
instrumentalities.

Regards Arie