[plug] Linux native support of graphics adaptor

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 22 13:48:48 WST 2007

Actually no, on past experience, I would rate nvidias as better on a
laptop - they actually work as expected.  The latest 2 series xorg
xf86-video-i810 (intel) driver sucked when I tried it on Friday.  The
changelog said there were a huge number of bug fixes (ah, so there ARE
problems ...) but it still doesnt give me the display I need.  So it was
back to the 1.7.4 version :(

Minimum I need is 1366x768 at the same time on both displays, and
1024x768 on both displays for projector use.  Better would be 1280x1024
on both displays.  The 2 series xorg driver seems to only turn one
display on at a time, not both together and it doesnt play nicely with
xrandr, though I want another go at that.

BillK

On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 08:59 +0800, Lyndon Maydwell wrote:
> I hear intel have the best support, and after that Nvidia are quite
> good and up to date.
Home in Perth!