[plug] No tax software for you, naughty Linux/Mac user

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jul 22 20:41:32 WST 2007

8<--------------- snip --------------->8

> I thought maybe if enough Linux users in Australia contacted the ATO
> about Linux usability they might do something about it, eventually ?

Unfortunately in this instance we are an enlightened minority, trying
enlighten an ignorant majority.

The ATO probably has limited field of vision in this matter, I suppose we
need to consider the ratio of "Windows users" vs "non-Windows users" that
exists in Australia at the moment.

Maybe in a few years time, there will be a swing in the balance, but for
the time being "I don't like our chances"

Regards Arie