[plug] fedora core 7 wireless networking

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 23 17:06:43 WST 2007

Well, I discovered network manager and it does connect - except the
machine has to have a user logged in to enter the keyring password
before it will do so.  Not desirable on what is to be a headless server
in the garage!  How do I bypass the keyring?  NetworkManager appears to
ignore the local wpa_supplicant.conf file and wants to store the key
"securely" :(

BillK

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 16:27 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Can someone suggest howto get fedora core 7 to automatically start
> ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant on bootup as part of the normal
> networking system - or is it best to rip fedoras brain dead networking
> out and do it myself?  The system is for a less technical user so I want
> to automate everything in as standard a way as possible unless there is
> no alternative.
>
> ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant are working, its just that fedora cant
> seem to deal with them natively.
>
> BillK

Home in Perth!