[plug] Open Source download meters

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Thu Jul 26 00:51:17 WST 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 22:40 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 23:47 +0800, Caleb Duggan wrote:
> > Yea I thought there was a thread a while ago on it but I couldnt find it
> > in the list archives. It'd be easier to have some nice GUI to use but I
> > guess I can use iptables if I can't find a graphical program, does anyone
> > know of any graphical download meters? even a graphical frontend to
> > iptables would be good.\
>
> I'm not bothering to look in the archives ATM, but if you search there
> on my name, I suggested use of gkrellm and explained how to use it to
> get a gui traffic report. That's not a cross-platform solution, though.
>
> Gavin

Just returning to this thread - stumbled on this download monitor
tonight that looks very good. It has capability for a variety of
interfaces, and provides text export of stats. It's very kde, though if
that's not a problem for you:

<http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KTrafficAnalyzer?content=22134>

Gavin