[plug] Where to get supported hardware?

tamlin at bur.st tamlin at bur.st
Thu Jul 26 16:34:37 WST 2007

Hi,

I need to buy a new laptop, I wanted to buy one of the Dell Ubuntu
ones (Inspiron 1420E) but have found that they only sell Open source
systems in the US at this stage and won't support the hardware unless
I have windows installed for them to troubleshoot with.

Does anyone know where I can buy a system that is guaranteed to work
with Ubuntu? Ie. one that has already been tested and all the necesary
drivers/patches found?

I'm currently looking at a (community run, I think) organisation in
the US that does exactly this but would prefer to find somewhere local
or at least close enough to phone.

Does anyone know of anywhere like this? Where do you buy your hardware?

Thanks

P.S.
How come PLUG doesn't have a web forum?

Jesse