[plug] Changes to PLUG

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Sat Jul 28 19:32:23 WST 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-28 at 17:50 +0800, Paul Antoine wrote:
> As a newbie to WA's Linux community (but certainly not Linux), I have
> been following this discourse with interest, on my quest to find
> like-minded Linux geeks (and professionals, of course ! :P)
>
> Prompted by this discussion I looked at the SLPWA website... and
> discovered that it's pretty significantly broken (links, content etc.)
>
> How active is SLPWA at the moment?

Well, the committee has been resurrected recently and is currently
looking at how we can kickstart things again.  I believe an industrial
strength defib machine was considered but rejected as inadequate.  If
you'd like to get involved, send me a mail off list.

> Also, given that iiNet is a significant commercial user of Linux, and
> the CEO Mike Malone an ex-kernel hacker, does iiNet support PLUG and/or
> SPLWA at all?

I believe there is no support asked for or given.  PLUG's needs have
been very modest.  SLPWA has bee in no fit state lately to ask.

Regards,
Tim