[plug] mounting mobile phone filesystem - update

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Sun Jun 3 21:23:38 WST 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 20:12 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 19:20 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 19:01 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:

> > No, mine is a ZTE F272 - the standard, basement model available 'free'
> > with a $20/mth telstra plan. I am about to take delivery of a 1GB
> > micro-SD card to suit and use its mp3 player capability :-) For that
> > card I also have a usb adapter/thumdrive so that part of getting files
> > _into_ the phone will be easy. What I was hoping to do was access the
> > internal memory to backup/update the contacts, etc. There is s/ware that
> > came with it for windoze that I haven't tried under wine since I'm no
> > wine expert. But that s/ware does promise a lot of PC<->phone syncing
> > options - if only it was possible in linux :-(
> >
> > Gavin.
>
> Hmm, that's what I was wanting to do, and I got the 850 as an upgrade
> from CDMA on a $20 Telstra plan.

ditto (mine an upgrade for cdma, that is). Not sure I understand you:
were you wanting connectivity to load mp3 onto the phone? If that's so
then I know from past experience that it's a snap to load onto the
memory card first using an adapter/card reader and then plug the card
into the device. This side-steps the whole device connectivity issue. if
I'm misunderstanding you, you'll need to go into more specifics.

Gavin