[plug] routing problem

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Jun 7 18:35:28 WST 2007

Thanks Denis,
But I suspect someone onsite may have hit the reset button on the router and has not admitted to it.  But we got things up and going again.

Thanks Daniel and MyK.

Jon

>>> dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au 9:16:17 am 7/06/2007 >>>
Hello Jon.

Not sure if this is relevant but yesterday myself and a colleague at UWA
had probs on Windows XP Pro machines where the DNS was screwed up.   In one
case it was because something called newdotnet had been installed (spyware?
trojan?) and not cleanly removed.   Thus the dns was hijacked and very odd
things would happen as a result.

My case was not due to newdotnet so I am still digging :-(   This may be a
new threat?

Not sure but my colleague's client may have been running Win 2000

Of course none of this would result in router resets so could be COMPLETELY
different.

HTH
Denis

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au