[plug] Rack Units

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 09:43:41 WST 2007

On 6/14/07, Daniel Pearson (Flashware Solutions) <daniel at flashware.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have any second hand racks available, for sale? Looking for
> a rack of any size :)
>
> My servers are taking up waaaay too much space, so would be nice to
> mount them.

UWA is selling off some racks on Monday; I've copied the post and
attachment from the UCC list below. I assume this is generally
available, and not just internal UWA.

Otherwise what I did was just hit refresh on eBay for two months until
one came up in Perth (there's heaps in Sydney, but organising freight
is huge). Ended up costing me $30 for a 38RU with back, sides and PDU,
came with an old HP 9000 mainframe and once I cleaned the cat food out
(not kidding) was perfectly serviceable.

I think there were also some other better condition 42RU ones on eBay
then for about $500.

-Patrick

--
http://www.labyrinthdata.net.au - WA Backup, Web and VPS Hosting