[plug] Getting [entire] Ubuntu repository on CD/DVD?

David Buddrige dbuddrige at bigpond.com
Thu Jun 21 20:29:55 WST 2007

Hi all,

I have successfully installed Kubuntu on my laptop a few days ago.
Having done so, I used apt-get to install a bunch of other programs I
wanted, which subsequently downloaded and installed perfectly.

However one issue is that in the process I used up about 500 megabytes
of my 1gb monthly download quota - after which it will cost me $0.10 per
megabyte to continue downloading.

I was wondering if there is some way I can get a copy of the ubuntu
feisty repositories on CD/DVD so that I could set apt.sources to point
to the CD/DVD drive instead of hitting the net for everything?

I have been told - never underestimate the bandwidth of a box of
magnetic tapes in the post [or in this case - DVD's] 8-)

I am willing to pay $ for a CD/DVD copy of the current feisty archive.

I did look at linuxit but they only sell the actual install CD.

thanks heaps guys

David. 8-)