[plug] Changing User agent in Firefox

Nathan D natdan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 09:36:53 WST 2007

On 22/06/07, Arie Hol <arie99> wrote:

> On 22 Jun 2007 at 0:41, Arie Hol wrote:
>
> > A simple change in the sequence I used at the start  and end of the
> > session, seems to have fixed the problem.
> >
> > If the last window I closed was using IE, then when I start a new
> > session  the first window I open has IE as the default. Likewise for
> > Opera, Mozilla and Netscape.
> >
> > I just need to take more care with the sequence I use to close the
> > windows, when and if I change the "User Agent" strings.
>
> It looks like my statements (above) are wrong, it is still reverting to
> Mozilla.

>From the User Agent Switcher FAQ -
Why does the user agent reset when the browser closes?
Due to a bug in Sun's Java plug-in for Mozilla the extension
automatically resets the user agent when the browser closes in order
to stop the browser crashing on the next start-up.

Looks like there is not much that can currently be done :(

regards,
  Nathan D.

natdan at gmail.com
2000+ Mbs of email !!