Warning "Contains linux content" Was: Re: [OT] Re: [plug] File Conversions

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sat Jun 23 12:04:08 WST 2007

Joshua Chase wrote:
> Don't be vulgar and blasphemous.

Aaaaaaand there we go. Thank you Mr good taste police man. Some of me thought it was reasonably
clever and well written. Dude lighten and loosen up! People are going to say things that rub you the
wrong way, just as you often rub me the wrong way (*cough* dilbert *cough*). Live and let live, and
stop trying to enforce your values on other people.

OBLC: I had a fun weekend converting an entire Debian etch system to boot and run from initramfs
rather than an nfs root. It's pretty minimal but the initramfs is about 60MB and loads over PXE. The
whole thing runs from tmpfs and does the job very nicely. Live and learn, I wondered if it could be
done.

Brad