[plug] broadband monitoring?

Rob Dunne rob.dunne at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 16:20:18 WST 2007

Hi List,

I want to monitor my broadband connection.

I am with iiNet and they have a separate off-peak quota. The off-peak
time is from 2:00am to 12:00 noon. According to the iiNet site I
downloaded 470 MB during this period today.

While the computer was on during this time, I only checked the weather
   and perhaps read a couple of items at the Sydney Morning Herald
(smh.com.au). 470 MB seems an awful lot!

ethereal collects too much information for this. Is there something else
I can leave running the will tell me what the cumulative traffic is? Is
there perhaps a log file I can turn on?

Bye
Rob