[plug] older laptop ram compatibility and availaility

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Tue Jun 26 21:34:07 WST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 20:44 +0800, Arie Hol wrote:

> On 26 Jun 2007 at 15:52, Gavin Chester wrote:
>
> > spare laptop and I don't want to spend any serious money on allowing me
> > to multi-task on it better.
>
> You could have a look at ebay, goto :
>
> http://search.ebay.com/pc66_W0QQfnuZ1
>

> I have an assortment of RAM here :
>
> PC133
> 32 Mb x 1 DIMM - 168 pin
>
> PC!00
> 64Mb x 1 SIMM - 168 pin
> 32Mb x 2 DIMM - 168 pin
>
> 168 pin x 2 DIMM -  unbuffered
> size and speed not known (ex Mac)

> PC66 ???
>
> 16 MB SIMM x 2 - 72 pin
> 16 Mb EDO SIMM x 4 - 72 pin
> 32 Mb DIMM x 4 - 72 pin
>
> None of them are for sale, but you are welcome to come over and PLUG and
> PLAY with them.
>
> Regards Arie

Thanks for your info and offer, Arie. But my laptop has 144(?) pin PC66
sodimm, which is physically quite smaller than desktop dimm and simm of
all variations.  I have various leftovers of ancient 36, 72, etc desktop
ram cards already to try if it were that simple :-/. I think I will play
safe and just chase PC66/PC100 128mb card off ebay where I have been
monitoring prices already - unless some esteemed plug member has any
suitable sodimms lying around ;-)

Gavin