[plug] DVD burn question

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Thu Jun 28 15:43:16 WST 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 13:06 +0800, David Dartnall wrote:
> Gavin Chester wrote:

-big snip-

> > copy process from scratch with k3b and you should have good results.
> > BTW: maybe change your desktop behaviour so totem doesn't start
> > automagically - it may be interfering with control of your drive - it
> > certainly will be mounting your disc before you want. HTH.
> >
> > Gavin
> >
> Gee, Gavin you've gone to a lot of trouble for me - thanks.
> I'll report progress as soon as there's any to report.
> regards
> Dave

Well, that's okay - it's what the FOSS community thing is all about :-)
My experience and knowledge was hard won over many frustrating times
trying to burn dvds, so if someone else can benefit from that ...

A qualifier to what I said though: I need to emphasise that the whole
reboot thing is only needed if you lose access to or control of your
drive. Otherwise ignore that part of the equation :-) I don't know how
you do it in gnome, by totem starting automagically when you don't want
it is why I don't tick the "do this everytime" check box that kde pops
up ;-)

Gavin