[plug] DVD burn question

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Fri Jun 29 15:48:08 WST 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 10:35 +0800, David Dartnall wrote:
> Gavin Chester wrote:

-mega snip-

> Maybe a faulty DVD drive? Although it burned a test cd this morning...
> NO IT DIDN'T, I've just tried to read it Nautilus indicates a blank disk.
> Anyone want a some printable coasters?
>
> Regards
> Dave Dartnall

big bummer :-( maybe a faulty drive ... maybe. When you did your burning
did you try different brands of media and get the same sort of response
from the software? I ask because the input/output error was the one I
always get/got with bad media or dvd+r (tho' I note you used dvd-r). I
feel for you with your trials and tribulations it reminds me too much of
my own that are thankfully behind me now (fingers crossed) :-(

One last thought: is your dvd drive sharing the same ide channel as your
hard drive?

Gavin