[plug] OT WAY OT

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 13 21:34:43 WST 2007

Half your luck - I have a new dell at work with a built-in "USB" cdrom
(actually SATA I think) - the gentoo (2006.1) boot disk loses its root
half way through the boot process.  I am using a FC6 livecd to bootstrap
the gentoo install as it needs a very late kernel to boot AND a recent
network card driver.

One weird thing is that earlier kernels ignore the SATA interface and
boot IDE only and work fine - but they cant see the network card.

It *should* have been so easy :(

BillK