[plug] LIST MODERATOR

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 05:23:43 WST 2007

On 3/21/07, Patrick Coleman <blinken at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/21/07, Alex Polglaze <apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au> wrote:
> > How long does it take to get a message moderated?
>
> It depends on how busy the moderators are, and whether they notice
> that there's currently 7 pending moderator requests :) I try and clear
> the queue once a week, or once there's a few pending requests built
> up. The vast majority of the messages are spam, yes.

Not Just that... Being the only moderator a while back that had spare
time to actually get to the queue (the other 2 moderators did a pretty
good job when time permitted), and because 99.5% of all in the queue
was spam, I asked the list if anyone minded that all emails that hit
the normal plug list moderation queue be dropped immediately. As the
general consenses was for this to be done, most of the moderators
don't keep an eye on the plug queue, and can then turn their spare
time to the committee list, and try and catch up on other plug emails
coming in from different places (you'd be surprised who people email
when trying to contact PLUG).

When I get the internet back, I'm sure I'll be able to take a look
into the PLUG queue once a week, and most of the other moderators
attempt something like that as well.

As Patrick already said, your message was held due to it's size.
Ideally, I'd get the list to reject those messages, rather than
moderator them. Maybe when I get the net back, I'll look into that as
well.

Hope that helps people who are wondering about moderatation. (And
thanks Patrick for stepping upto the plate to help moderate!)

Tim (Waiting for his payslip, then for the shop with his Laptop the cheapest!)
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au