[plug] Debian broken

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue May 1 10:41:47 WST 2007

Hello, everyone.

I have been running Debian sarge (more or less).

With a recent upgrade, I have now found that the USB on the computer no
longer works (printer and camera no longer "found"), and I do not know
what else has gone wrong with the system.

I recently tried to do a system update, using Synaptic, before the
release of Debian 4, and found that 23 packages were to be replaced,
and, with the imposition of shaping, would have taken probably a couple
of days, so I left it.

Then, Debian 4 was released.

Due to things going wrong with the software, I tried to do a system
update with Synaptic, just now, and, in checking the packes to be
deleted, etc (the 23 packages to be updated, apparently, no longer
applies), it appears that Synaptic intends to massacre my system (gnome
to be deleted, but not replaced, etc).

Is it possible to update sarge, and, if so, how, or, has it been written
off by Debian?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale