[plug] OpenVPN client config with Ubuntu Feisty and Network Manager

Michael Hunt michael at aussie.oddsocks.net
Tue May 1 14:34:24 WST 2007

Hiya all,

Finally got around to setting up OpenVPN on my IPCOP box using the
Zerina OpenVPN plug-in and the instructions here :-

> http://www.zerina.de/?q=book/export/html/28

While the doco gives good instructions for a Road-Warrior setup using
the OpenVPN windows client there is little I can find on the net for how
to configure a Ubuntu client and the new network-manager OpenVPN plug-in.

I'm sure there are some 'Feisty' pluggers using OpenVPN just wondering
if someone can provide some instructions on how to configure it. I'm
thinking at this stage that I'll just use the pre-shared key option and
point it to the key file, but can't figure out what to put in for the
remote and local IP's.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Michael Hunt