[plug] Re: Returned mail: see transcript for details (Re: [plug

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue May 1 20:49:43 WST 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 20:36 +0800, Patrick Coleman wrote:
> On 5/1/07, Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:
> > Arie Hol wrote:
> >
> > > Every time I reply to a message from the PLUG mailing list I get the
> > > following response from anonymous (see below).
> > >
> > > Is this designed to piss me off, or is there something going wrong with
> > > the mail server ?
> >
> > Hi Arie,
> >
> > Yes, it's a cunning plot specifically to piss you off.^W^W^W^W^W^W^W^W
> >
> > I've just had a look at the mail server logs on PLUG's servers.  The
> > only messages being sent to you are list traffic.  I'm at a loss to
> > explain what you're seeing, but I doubt it's something that the PLUG
> > admins can fix directly.  Would you mind sending me (off-list) the full
> > headers of these bounce messages you've been getting?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Cameron
>
> Ha, beat me to it. I'm getting them too, but google's anti-spam
> capabilities are evidently too good.
>
> I could be wrong, but it looks somewhat like a user that's deleted
> their mailbox but not unsubscribed, and the bounce is returning to the
> list (rather than plug-bounces@ - evil mailserver) and not being
> would fix the problem.

Um, surely all other subscribers and I should be getting them too. I'm
not - but I'll swap you two "pump-and-dump" emails for each one of these
you get.  ;-)

> Obviously, Bruno, if you're getting this now would probably be a good
> time to pipe up :)
>
> Sorry I didn't respond to your earlier message, Arie - must have missed it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt, 1783

Linux Counter user #306629