[plug] Non-linux printers

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue May 8 23:16:04 WST 2007

8<---------------- snip -------------------->8
> It wouldn't surprise me if someone had written a Windows printer driver
> that fed postscript to Ghostscript for Windows.  This mailing list post
> mentions a programme called "RedMon" that may do the trick:
>
>         http://www.ghostscript.com/pipermail/gsview/2002-
December/000109.h
>         tml

There is a project on Sourceforge which provides a utility for generating
PDF files from any application in Windows - it installs as a printer
driver - goto :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

The software was written using Visual Basic and is released under the
GPL.

Source code is also available at :

If you can print it in Windows - you can make a PDF of it using
PDFCreator.

Once it is installed it also can be shared over a network of Windows
computers - but I cannot verify if it will handle spooling or print jobs
from Linux boxes on the same network.

If you get somone to look at the source code - then maybe writing a patch
for it could solve the problem - I hope.

Regards Arie