[plug] What version of CPU and Linux do people use?

Joshua Chase joshych at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 24 15:36:51 WST 2007

I use linux mostly on P2 and P2-based celerons. I have linux runny on a 900Mhz Duron as well. The kernel version used in 2.6

Timothy White <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote: On 5/15/07, Cameron Patrick  wrote:

> Cameron (happy AMD64-on-the-desktop user who doesn't care about Java or
> Flash plugins)

I second this.

I run AMD64's in 64bit mode on my desktop, my server, and a dual core
on my laptop.
Most Java stuff just works, but I don't work with much. Flash? If I
hadn't done some development in it back in the day when it was new
stuff, I wouldn't even know what it was any more!
In fact, .swf is blocked on the proxy at home, saves heaps of traffic!

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au