[plug] Spellchecking in OpenOffice

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Wed May 30 07:34:16 WST 2007

Alex Polglaze wrote:
> Mark Saxon wrote:
>> Jonathan Young wrote:
>>

>> Not sure how much help this will be but my OO v2.03 of Writer nails
>> both your miss spellings in less than a second.
>> I simply cut and paste then from your post and they were corrected
>> instantly even though they were in italics.
> My set-up did too.
>
> What I have noticed, however, is that if you let an error go through
> inadvertently, it seems to remember that as an alternative until at
> least the next re-boot.
>
> Alex
Interesting.  Definitely not the case here and so far no solution from
my end.  I should mention (and banish myself to off-topic in the
process) that this on my Windows XP installation.

However, it is a default installation OO and I wouldn't have expected
the problem to be platform specific necessarily.  It is doing very
little spell check at all right now...

--
Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX