[plug] Spellchecking in OpenOffice

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Wed May 30 15:33:32 WST 2007

On 30 May 2007 at 1:01, Jonathan Young wrote:

8<-------- snip -------->8

> really basic misspellings.  For instance, Writer will let me get away
with
> "experence" and "instuctions" while Thunderbird is flagging those two
> instances already.  Apart from the real basics, it just doesn't seem to
be
> paying attention.  I have the Australian English language options
> selected.

If your spell checker is missing words like the examples you quoted - I
would say that there are spelling errors in your dictionary file - maybe
someone has inadvertently "added" the misspelt words to your dictionary.

I would suggest that you try an "edit" of your dictionary file to
remove/correct the misspelt words.

HTH.

Regards Arie