[plug] ssh-agent and manual login

Craig Foster craig at fostware.net
Wed May 30 20:11:31 WST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org.au] On
Behalf Of William Kenworthy
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:01 PM
To: Plug List
Subject: [plug] ssh-agent and manual login

I have a couple of internal systems set up to allow ssh-agent to
autologin and run backup scripts.  Works well, but I had to remove the
norootlogin flag from sshd.conf.  Is there a way to refuse a manual root
with password login, but still allow ssh-agent access?  I would prefer
to login as a user and su to root for admin, but still need the
ssh-agent access.

I suspect not, but hopefully someone will know a way around it.  Or is
there another method not using ssh-agent for passwordless root logins
across the network?

BillK

--

I do a similar thing, except I use ssh-agent to log in to a minimal user
account and sudo the backup scripts.

CraigF