[plug] Google Mobile OS

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 09:11:52 WST 2007

On 07/11/2007, Fred Janon <fjanon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I suppose that by now many of you got the news...
>
> <http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2212405,00.asp>
>
> Good day for the open source and Linux communities, probably not as
> good for Palm, Blackberry and others. Their marketing people have a
> challenge in front of them.

I'm not sure if you work in an enterprise environment with
blackberries and a BES, but google and software dev's are going to
have to do a LOT of work to unseat Blackberry from their comfortable
niche in big business.

This is a much bigger threat to MS and I suspect a big boost to the
likes of Palm who are already in bed with linux.
Palm make the hardware, so someone else making a big part of the
software for them is going to make Palms life very easy...

--
Ubuntu Dapper 7.04
The less you know, the more you believe. - Bono