[plug] Debian ip-up script not running in persist mode?

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:01:19 WST 2007

Hi all,

I have a sarge machine with a large number of PPP connections defined
(VPN links). I'm making extensive use of the ip-up setup to run
tracking utilities, add routing and NATing for clients behind the
machine, etc.

I use the persist option to pppd to redial the links if needed, but I
find that when they redial automatically, the ip-up (and ip-down)
scripts don't seem to be running. This is an issue if, for example,
the link comes back up with a different interface to before...

I spoke to someone on IRC who seemed to think that it should be
running them. Can anyone confirm whether theirs do? Any other
suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.