[plug] Debian ip-up script not running in persist mode?

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Nov 15 11:15:45 WST 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007, Andrew Furey wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a sarge machine with a large number of PPP connections defined
> > (VPN links). I'm making extensive use of the ip-up setup to run
tracking
> > utilities, add routing and NATing for clients behind the machine,
etc.

> > I use the persist option to pppd to redial the links if needed, but I
> > find that when they redial automatically, the ip-up (and ip-down)
> > scripts don't seem to be running. This is an issue if, for example,
the
> > link comes back up with a different interface to before...
> >
> > I spoke to someone on IRC who seemed to think that it should be
> > running them. Can anyone confirm whether theirs do? Any other
> > suggestions?

Are you using anything to monitor the running of the ip-up/ip-down
scripts?

Have you considered modifying the ip-up/ip-down scripts?

So they generate some output that can be captured in a log file
(ie - date and time that the scripts run) - that way you can check the
log file to see how often and when the scripts are being run.

Regards Arie