[plug] Is it possible to disable trackpad on laptop?

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sun Nov 18 10:40:02 WST 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 09:58 +0900, Mike Holland wrote:
> David Buddrige wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I run Ubuntu on my laptop, but a constant annoyance is the trackpad.
>
> My old compaq had a hard button to disable the touchpad - very useful!
>
> If you google "touchpad" rather than trackpad, you'll find plenty.
> (Assuming you have the usual Synaptics one.)
>
> I don't know of any way to do this in the Ubuntu GUI, so you'll need
> to edit.
>
> cheers, Mike

You could try blacklisting the Synaptics driver, or remove the driver
entry from the X config file.

Whether either of those will actually WORK, I can't say.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt, 1783

Linux Counter user #306629