[plug] Simple USB Memory Stick solution for Debian Etch

Michael Hunt michael at aussie.oddsocks.net
Mon Nov 19 14:20:30 WST 2007

Hiya all,

Just setting up a debian etch box for my dad (basically an older toshiba
satellite laptop) and want to know what package I would need to install
(or what pluggers might recommend) in order for a USB memory stick to
automount like what happens in ubuntu.

I was trying to get xubuntu on the box but because of the video card the
toshiba has (some cyberblade triden thingy) I ended up reverting to etch
which installed no problems.

My Dad's use of the box is not that sophisticated, just uses it to play
some games and type up notes from settings. He wants to be able to share
the notes with other via a USB memory stick.

Michael