[plug] Ethernet Bonding

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Fri Oct 19 11:33:19 WST 2007

Have thought about that, but the convergence time is a bit more that
we'd like. Also it requires explicit support on the switch (not such a
problem really I guess).

We also considered running quagga on the servers and dynamic routing
(OSPF?) all the why to the server. But again, the convergence time is a
little long.

Bonding works really well, provided you make sure nothing leaves the
standby interface(s).

Having separate mac's for all interface involved would largely mitigate
this.