[plug] Firewall suggestion?

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Wed Oct 24 11:08:15 WST 2007

skribe productions wrote:
> On 10/24/07, *Daniel Pearson (Flashware Solutions)*
> <daniel at flashware.net <mailto:daniel at flashware.net>> wrote:
>
>     Tried the Snapgear devices? SG500 would probably be what you want.
>

> Thanks.  No, I'm a clueless NOOB.  Couldn't find the SG500.  It looks
> to have been updated to the SG560.  I'm trying to work out if the
> SG300 will allow me to do what I want too.  Opinion?
>
> skribe

Is there any special reason why a headless mini PC box is unsuitable?
IPCop is FOSS and /very/ good and requires /very/ low end hardware and
resources.  Very configurable via an easy to use WEB interface and it'll
do all that you've mentioned.  If you really want to get fancy with it
there's an excellent book available from Amazon (and other places too I
s'pose).  Here's a review
http://books.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/12/06/1555216&from=rss

Cheers
Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We used to use and recommend Xandros but they went to the dark side
So we'll soon be using and recommending Debian Etch
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
They say a marble sized object collided with some gasses, and had
a massive explosion and the universe was born.
   - to believe this takes more faith than I have.